Video Not Playing - Loading Failed
NiVZ Offline

Video Not Playing - Loading Failed
VTech have said that the latest firmware update has removed the Xvid/DivX codec due to licensing restrictions (these were never officially supported). Videos converted using the newer H.264/MP3 or older MJPEG/PCM should be unaffected. I posted a guide for converting to the newer format here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show...ostcount=2
05-15-2013 01:55 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

RE: Video Not Playing - Loading Failed
Awesome thanks. My old method always made the audio very quiet and I had to up the gain on it. I noticed at the end, you mention about the audio gain so I assume using the H.264 and MP3 method, it still produces a somewhat quiet video?

05-15-2013 11:32 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NiVZ Offline

The gain required depends on the source of the video, but on most DVDs it's nearly always really quiet when ripped/converted Icon_sad

Using AVIDemux and setting the gain manually to between 7 and 10 is usually enough to fix it Icon_wink

I also try encoding a small part of the loudest section of the video and then load it into Audacity (free audio editor) to check that the audio signal peaks fill the height of the box before I encode the whole video.

NiVZ

(05-15-2013 11:32 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote:  Awesome thanks. My old method always made the audio very quiet and I had to up the gain on it. I noticed at the end, you mention about the audio gain so I assume using the H.264 and MP3 method, it still produces a somewhat quiet video?
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 06:41 PM by NiVZ.)
05-15-2013 06:39 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grovio Offline

hey I can't play my video on inotab max... help! pleaseeee
12-29-2016 01:38 AM