FreeSkinApp/XUITT for skinners & translators
NewYears1978 Offline
Modskin

RE: XZP/XUR/XUI app for skinners
Nice work man Icon_smile

New files helps because sometimes they change files into multiple files such as when they changed xbox360.xur into all the gamelist files..

As for differences in files...this ones tougher. Sometimes they change values in a file that mess skins up..but it's hard to say what need to be done..

Ideally if they would just provide proper changelogs this wouldn't happen..but dunno if they will or not.

So any changes in file would help. Even if it is just to say that something in a file is different then we could manually look at that file and see what's changed.

Don't forget to check out my FSD Theme: Starkiller
01-14-2011 05:26 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

[Image: xur.th.png]

Xui2xur is done, just need to test it out in runtime environment.

About fonts...
Do fonts just get changed for skinning and then changed back to Consolefont?

If thats not the case
I just tested it out and without a Font folder with the font inside it doesnt work.
It looks like skin.xml must be edited too. (<fonts> section)

Since skin.xml gets imported too (bloglink) all skin.xml changes could be done from the app directly too.

Functions Font
- Create font folder in skin path
- copy selected font.file in folder
- edit skin.xml <fonts> -> path & fontname

Just an idea
01-15-2011 05:19 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(01-15-2011 05:19 AM)GoodfellaKeyser Wrote:  [Image: xur.th.png]

Xui2xur is done, just need to test it out in runtime environment.

About fonts...
Do fonts just get changed for skinning and then changed back to Consolefont?

If thats not the case
I just tested it out and without a Font folder with the font inside it doesnt work.
It looks like skin.xml must be edited too. (<fonts> section)

Since skin.xml gets imported too (bloglink) all skin.xml changes could be done from the app directly too.

Functions Font
- Create font folder in skin path
- copy selected font.file in folder
- edit skin.xml <fonts> -> path & fontname

Just an idea

Yes when you change the fonts in the .xui's, you must add <font> into skin.xml and the path to the chosen font. You will see that in any of the skinnable default downloads.
01-15-2011 07:43 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wondro Offline

Just to clear up any confusion the ConsoleFont isn't something special to the SDK. It's just a name we used. U can add any font in xui set it as default font and name it ConsoleFont and it should work fine.

- Wondro -
TeamFSD
01-15-2011 09:21 AM
NewYears1978 Offline
Modskin

I tried that but couldn't get it to work.. Forgot to mess with it some more.

01-15-2011 09:39 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

So did I. Icon_sad

Renaming a font to Consolefont & setting as default didnt do the trick.

Would be nice to know if there is a way to do it. Not importing all xui files in access would reduce drastically the time of getting working xui files.

Thanks
01-15-2011 10:44 AM
NewYears1978 Offline
Modskin

It actually does work..I just misunderstood wondro.

You add you font in XUItool such as Arial or whatever. Then you click edit on it and where it says Name you change it to ConsoleFont.

This works in XuiTool (tested) but not sure if it works on the Xbox.
I assume you then add your normal <font> line in skin.xml which would call your font (arial.ttf in the example) but calls it by the name ConsoleFont.

Code:
<font default="true" file="Font/arial.ttf" name="ConsoleFont"></font>

01-15-2011 10:48 AM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(01-15-2011 10:48 AM)NewYears1978 Wrote:  It actually does work..I just misunderstood wondro.

You add you font in XUItool such as Arial or whatever. Then you click edit on it and where it says Name you change it to ConsoleFont.

This works in XuiTool (tested) but not sure if it works on the Xbox.
I assume you then add your normal <font> line in skin.xml which would call your font (arial.ttf in the example) but calls it by the name ConsoleFont.

Code:
<font default="true" file="Font/arial.ttf" name="ConsoleFont"></font>

That makes sense
01-15-2011 11:07 AM
wondro Offline

Yup you guys got it Icon_smile

- Wondro -
TeamFSD
01-15-2011 12:19 PM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Can't believe it! Font is case sensitive. I must have tested always with Consolefont instead of ConsoleFont. Icon_eek

Too bad the default font & path is saved as hex? in the registry
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\XenonSDK\XUI\Options]
"Typefaces_v1"=hex(7):

dont know how to read/write it. Any ideas?
01-15-2011 08:58 PM