FreeSkinApp/XUITT for skinners & translators
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

RE: FreeSkinApp for skinners
This is looking great!! Are you going to add xma encoding in it as well or have you already implemented that? I created a batch file myself so I can convert wav to xma
01-21-2011 10:55 PM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Xmaencoding is planned. The function in mind is

( ) Choose folder with wav files -> Convert to XMA

Each file will be converted.

Which options should be available to select?

In your batch file you used /Q /T /V /M

And quality (/Q) as variable. Would that be sufficient?

Here the list of all options:

Converts a set of PCM files to XMA format or an XMA file to PCM format.

Usage: XMAENCODE <pcmfile> [/A <pos> ...] [<pcmfile> [/A <pos> ...] ...] [options]
or: XMAENCODE <xmafile> /X <pcmfile> [/V]

Options:
/A <position> Speaker assignment for a channel of the source file.
<position> can be L, R, C, LFE, LS, RS, LB, or RB.
/Q <level> XMA compression quality level to use. Can range from
1 (poor) to 100 (best). The default level is 60.
/F Filter out high frequencies in the source file.
/L Loop entire file, unless loop points are already present.
/LR Use existing loop points if present, otherwise don't loop.
/T <xmafile> Encode to <xmafile> (only one target file is allowed).
/D <pcmfile> Decode the generated XMA file back to <pcmfile>.
/X <pcmfile> Decode a source XMA file to <pcmfile>.
/B <size> Use a block size of <size> (in Kb); implies XMA2.
/P Generate a "packed" XMA2 file; this is required to use the
file in XAudio2. It will use the XMA2WAVEFORMATEX format
and will contain as few streams as possible for the given
number of channels.
/S Generate an XMA2 file that satisfies XACT's requirements;
equivalent to "/L /B64".
/M Measure the time spent encoding.
/V Enable verbose output.
/H Display this help information.
01-22-2011 12:16 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Added FreeSkinApp_1.2_unstable:
Quote:This is just a WIP version. It has not been fully tested (at least not in a runtime environment). Could contain bugs/runtime errors.

As I dont own a lot of wav files, I would be happy if someone could test the function out. Thanks.

New functions
  • Skin.xml tab
  • XmaEncode tab
  • some minor changes in code/forms

Tested with FSD2.0 RC1.7 default.xzp.

[Image: skin1i.th.png][Image: skin2c.th.png][Image: skin3ni.th.png][Image: xmaencode.th.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 04:51 AM by GoodfellaKeyser.)
01-22-2011 04:41 AM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

Very nice... yea I didnt have a need for the other switch commands for converting and it seemed that anything higher then 40 quality would result in the xbox not playing the audio all the way (long music files) so 40 was my sweet spot for converting audio.

I will have to update to your latest one and give you any other feedback as I run into things I find will help better.
01-22-2011 09:42 AM
robins Offline

It's a great tool. THanks for the good work.

If you want to make a Chinese skin I am willing to help with it.

P.S. I cannot open the WIP link with windows IE(http://xuitt.blogspot.com/). Does that need special setting in the explorer? Cant open it with safari either.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 08:50 PM by robins.)
01-22-2011 08:49 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

(01-22-2011 08:49 PM)robins Wrote:  If you want to make a Chinese skin I am willing to help with it.

P.S. I cannot open the WIP link

The WIP link is in the 1st post of this thread -> link
but it does not include the translation part.

I did not release XUITT yet. As I was busy with the skinners app. But it would be great to have some translators willing to help when it comes out. Thanks. Chinese would be interesting, do you know which Encoding the files must have in order to get it working? For example, european languages such as french, spanish uses UTF-8.

Actually, there will be no need to make a translated skin. Once all strings has been translated, everyone can translate a skinfile with a click (as long as <Text> has been used in the skins.) But more about it when its ready.
01-22-2011 10:24 PM
robins Offline

(01-22-2011 10:24 PM)GoodfellaKeyser Wrote:  
(01-22-2011 08:49 PM)robins Wrote:  If you want to make a Chinese skin I am willing to help with it.

P.S. I cannot open the WIP link

The WIP link is in the 1st post of this thread -> link
but it does not include the translation part.

I did not release XUITT yet. As I was busy with the skinners app. But it would be great to have some translators willing to help when it comes out. Thanks. Chinese would be interesting, do you know which Encoding the files must have in order to get it working? For example, european languages such as french, spanish uses UTF-8.

Actually, there will be no need to make a translated skin. Once all strings has been translated, everyone can translate a skinfile with a click (as long as <Text> has been used in the skins.) But more about it when its ready.

I don't quite understand the encoding. I guess UTF-8 will work but not sure.

Anyway, here is what I did(stupid but it works)

1. download your skinnabledefault 1.6skin and unzip it.

2. I have a font file I know supports CHinese. (file name: xarialuni.ttf), rename it to arial.ttf, put it into SkinnableDefault\Font and overwrite the original one.

3. in xuitool select the new arial.ttf as the default font and registry it in freeskinapp.

4. convert all the xur files to xui's with freeskinapp(I love it)

5. open xui's with xuitool and translate the <Text> ONE by ONE(I am stupid) and of course save it.

6. convert the xui's back to xur and pack the skinnabledefault to xzp with freeskinapp. (again I love it!)

7. ...

Do you mean the XUITT will take care of the translation part? If so it will be awesome. I can help with the English to Chinese translation.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2011 12:14 AM by robins.)
01-23-2011 12:07 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

(01-23-2011 12:07 AM)robins Wrote:  Do you mean the XUITT will take care of the translation part? If so it will be awesome. I can help with the English to Chinese translation.

Exactly. Thanks for collaborating. Icon_cheesygrin

As long as FSD aint multilanguage, XUITT will do the following:
  • Import all XUI text strings from XZP/directory
  • Select language from Database (if translations available)
  • Export translated XUI as XUR and packed as XZP

It does already work. Did it for spanish. Once a database is set for a language it can be used for ALL skinfiles (xzp/directory) !

BUT, the skinner must have used <Text>. Hardcoded lines doesnt work as mentioned in my blog.

So, say you like Tranquility Skin. Instead of editing all Strings in Xuitool. You load it. Select your language, translate the missing strings and convert to translated xzp. Easy. If the skinner used mostly the same textstrings as Default.xzp you'll be finished in a couple of minutes.

I've already tested it with multiple skinfiles. Works flawlessly. But I need to check the whole code again, as FreeSkinApp is integrated in XUITT and there where a lot of changes lately.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2011 03:18 AM by GoodfellaKeyser.)
01-23-2011 01:03 AM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Added FSD1.6_FSD1.7_compared:
Quote:I'm working on the file compare part. This is a comparison of FSD 1.6 Skinfiles and FSD 1.7 Skinfiles.

This was compared:
  • New files
  • No longer existing files
  • Different sizes

The list is big because a lot of png files no longer exist. They were included as dds files in FSD 1.7

But at least it proves that it works Icon_smile

The report still needs to be done, export to xls/pdf will be possible.

So far only xzp files can be compared, but directory 2 directory or directory 2 xzp file will be also possible Icon_eek
01-23-2011 03:13 AM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Added FreeSkinApp_1.2_build_220111:
Quote:New functions
  • Edit Skin.xml -&gt; Skindetails, Captions, Font
  • XmaEncode -&gt; convert all wav files in selected dir to xma (through xmaencode.exe found in xuitool package)
  • Compare XZP files

not tested under runtime
01-23-2011 04:16 AM