FreeSkinApp/XUITT for skinners & translators
robins Offline

RE: FreeSkinApp for skinners
[/quote]
BUT, the skinner must have used <Text>. Hardcoded lines doesnt work as mentioned in my blog.

[/quote]

I cannot open the link you posted. http://xuitt.blogspot.com/2011/01/few-strings-left.html

solved. have to use VPN...
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2011 11:36 AM by robins.)
01-23-2011 11:30 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Added FreeSkinApp_v1.2_build_230111:
Quote:
  • Directory compare enabled

still not tested under runtime.
01-24-2011 12:57 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Added FreeSkinApp_v1.2_build_230111b:
Quote:Some bug fixes
01-24-2011 03:59 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Filter options have been added.

Now, I've been looking for freedom.. d'oh... freeware file comparison apps and found 2 which fits the demands.

3rd party app ExamDiff (freeware)
[Image: pic1tr.th.png]
Fast, commandline support, only 1 exe file.

3rd party app WinMerge (freeware)
[Image: pic2t.th.png]
Commandline support, edit functions

In order to be able to understand what has been changed, the file must be converted to xui (at least I dont know jack in xur format).

I was thinking about these options:
( ) Report filter (already done)
( ) XUI files comparison with ExamDiff (for those who want to see the differences)
  • Compare 1 = skinners folder or xzp file
  • Compare 2 = new released default.xzp from TeamFSD
  • App extracts xzp and convert to xui if needed. Afterwards it passes a commandline command
    examdiff.exe comp1_xuifile.xui comp2_xuifile.xui
( ) XUI files comparison with ExamDiff (for those who want to edit the differences with the 3rd party app)
same procedure as with ExamDiff but with winmerge.exe

Your opinion counts! Wrote:The question here is, should all files be opened at once (guess max. 20-30 files) or should another window pop up where the user can select the file he wants to inspect?

What do you guys think? What would help? Or are there other ideas/apps?
01-25-2011 03:46 AM
robins Offline

I have a few error message when opne FSA 1.2:

Error communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control

googled it "The error is generally caused by the use of special characters in object names."

Do you program it with German? However, 1.1 works perfectly...
01-28-2011 12:00 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

(01-28-2011 12:00 PM)robins Wrote:  Error communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control
Do you program it with German? However, 1.1 works perfectly...

There were a lot of changes from 1.1 to 1.2. Could you tell me when the error happens? File compare?
I was about to release a new version, would be good to sort that bug out first.
Although my Access is in german, object names do not include special charas like Umlaute.

Thanks

Edit: I guess its the MS Slider Control 6.0 ActiveX component used in XMAencode.
Microsoft Slider Control 6.0 is part of the Microsoft Common Controls (mscomctl.ocx).
I'll look for an alternative without using ActiveX.

Edit2: Here is a version without ActiveX Slider Control. Please try it out. Thanks. (Attachment removed)
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2011 02:33 AM by GoodfellaKeyser.)
01-28-2011 05:28 PM
Smolya90 Offline

the same error at startup Icon_sad
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 10:06 PM by Smolya90.)
01-28-2011 10:03 PM
robins Offline

[/quote]

There were a lot of changes from 1.1 to 1.2. Could you tell me when the error happens? File compare?

Here is a version without ActiveX Slider Control. Please try it out. Thanks.
[/quote]
The error messages pop up at startup and when I click each of the fuction button(generate xui/xur...)

at startup, I have 5 error messages with the following strings separately

1. expression "load"
2. expression "adjust size"
3. expression "adjust size"
4. expression "make current"
5. expression "make current"

when i click each of the function buttons, I will have a same error message with the following string
expression "change"

note since my access is in CHinese, all the above errors are in Chinese too, I just translated them into English so there might be deviation due to the translation.

I have the same errors with the new version. AND, after the 5 errors, I cannot see anything(no fuction button shows up) in access.

I hope the above info helps.
THanks for your work.

By the way, what's the plan on XUITT? is it possible to release it(beta is good enough) by the end of this month? It will be great appreciated i fyou can do so because 2nd Feb. is Chinese New Year. XUITT would be a great gift to all the Chinese xboxer's.

Thanks in advance!
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 11:15 PM by robins.)
01-28-2011 11:13 PM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Thanks for your description. It's really hard to tell where the problem might be Icon_sad.

On both laptops (Access/only runtime) I do not got these errors.

Perhaps its the background setting on skin.xml tab. I tried to make it look FSD-esque. Thats so far the only form which uses "adjust size/make current" as you posted above.

I redesigned the tab without those features. [attachment=293]

Sorry for the trouble. Hope it works now. Otherwise I'll have to take a deeper look.

About XUITT. Do you have a chinese xzp? So I can test if it imports/exports correctly. Specially the encoding must be tested.
01-28-2011 11:48 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for all the updates, your app is amazing and very helpful. Can you attach the png of the icon you used for the app so I can put it as the skinnable default icons?

Also thanks again for all the props to the site in your app Icon_razz
01-29-2011 05:04 AM