FreeSkinApp/XUITT for skinners & translators
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Information FreeSkinApp/XUITT for skinners & translators
COMPATIBLE WITH FREESTYLE 3!

FreeSkinApp 1.6 (discontinued)
Functions
  • Generate XUI files; select xzp file or path with xur files.
  • Generate XUR files; select path with xui files
  • Change fonts; changes all fonts in xui files (obsolete. Change default font in Xuitool)
  • Xuitool registry edit -> skin.xui, Default font
  • Edit Skin.xml -> Skindetails, Captions, Font
  • Edit MenuSettings.xml -> Tab captions
  • XmaEncode -> convert all wav files in selected dir to xma (through xmaencode.exe or xma2encode.exe found in xuitool package)
  • XZP/directory file compare -> shows a report with all differences between files (can be exported as xls/pdf)
  • FTP upload/download XZP files to XBOX
  • Multilanguage interface* (CHN, ENG, ESP, FRE, GER, ITA, POR)
  • Don't use the XUITT functions as they are outdated
    * Thanks to robins & jorge for translating the GUI in your language!

Latest App version
FreSkinApp v1.6 for Access 2010
Misc

.zip  Manual.zip (Size: 1.77 MB / Downloads: 2908) Download FSA XUITT v1.5 Manual or view online

.zip  SPIFFY_DEVICON.zip (Size: 7.06 KB / Downloads: 1257) Spiffy360 devIcon used in app
Download Uninstaller use this to uninstall without installing new version

XUITT 2.1 - XUI TRANSLATION TOOL
Functions
  • Import/export translation databases (xlsx, backwards compatible with XUITT 1.6)
  • Update/Delete myDatabase table directly
  • Google translator fully integrated (for all missing strings at once)
  • Different filters
  • Capitalize options (current/all records)
  • Copy spaces (current/all records)
  • Google translator (current record)
  • HotKeys
  • Modify skin.xml (only X-ANSI supported)
  • Modify MenuSettings.xml
  • Modify devIcon.png
  • Modify preview.png
  • Adjust (skin) field lengths to translation text (experimental)
  • Hack default.xex

Latest App version
Video tutorials

Official blog, Contact me
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 08:41 PM by GoodfellaKeyser.)
01-10-2011 08:09 PM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
darkavatars Offline

RE: XZP/XUR/XUI app for skinners
It's really really terrible.

Works perfect on 1.6. thank you very much =)
01-11-2011 12:42 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewYears1978 Offline
Modskin

Awesome program man, thanks!

Don't forget to check out my FSD Theme: Starkiller
01-11-2011 03:20 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

We need a name for the application... any ideas?

01-11-2011 03:44 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

Added Complete_pack_with_runtime:
Quote:Complete pack added with the software and runtime files. If you already have the Microsoft Access Runtime files then you dont need this full pack.

01-11-2011 12:17 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

Added stand_alone_software:
Quote:Stand alone software if you already have the runtime files installed

01-11-2011 12:19 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

Very cool stuff and I see you have given many props to our site, thanks! Finally got a chance to try it out and it worked flawlessly

01-11-2011 12:37 PM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

I'm glad to hear it Icon_cheesygrin

Pics for install/app can be changed. Same goes with the texts shown or the apps name. Functions can also be added.

So far it is for start skinning. But there is already code written to convert all xui files back to xur (xui2bin.exe) and to pack everything into a xzp file (xuipkg). Would that be useful?

Another idea would be a report containing a comparison of a skin directory and the newest Default.xzp.

Whatever makes a skinners life easier, once all XUI files are imported there are a lot of options. Primarly I'll work on the translation part, but some functions can be shared.

Thanks for the upload function.
01-11-2011 05:39 PM
NewYears1978 Offline
Modskin

Yes those features would be awesome.
If this could basically be a one tool does all for packing and unpacking skins, converting fonts and translating and especially if it can compare files and find new files or files with changes that would help us know which files are changed in new FSD releases.

great job again and as deak said thanks for the site props you put in the program Icon_smile

Don't forget to check out my FSD Theme: Starkiller
01-12-2011 05:00 AM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

Some progress

XUI 2 XUR is already done, but not implemented in spiffy form,
because I spent the last 2 days looking for a user-friendly ftp solution. And finally found a way to do it Icon_cheesygrin

Language files will so be available in a ftp site and the language database can be easily updated through internal ftp client.

And for skinners..
I guess most of us update FSD through Fsd updater. So the ftp client will be adapted to

a) be able to get Default.xzp directly from the xbox through ftp and start import/conversion
b) convert xui to xur and upload the resulting xzp file or directory to xbox

Uploading/downloading already works. The problem is uploading directories. Each directory must be created first. So that will take more time to figure out - on wait now.

Anyway, XUI2XUR with optional XZP file will be available shortly.
Just need to adapt the way the function is called. I'll do it next, as it is a practical function.

About file comparison. Finding new files should be easy to achieve (directory or xzp file). Should the app just look for new xui files or all files in default.xzp?

directory version
dir /S /B > file.txt and import file of both directories into app and then compare.

xzp file version
xuipkg /V file.xzp > file.txt import both files and compare

Changes... I guess a 3rd party command line app will be needed.
A complete report would be easier to handle as a report after each file. The question is, what should be known? If a file has changes or which changes they are?

Basically files with same length shouldnt have changes. That could also be done easily with filelen(myfile) and compare results.
01-14-2011 04:31 AM