darkmurf Offline

Remix 2.1
Remix 21
Supported Software Version: FSD_2.0_RC2.1
last updated: 04/17/2011
version 1

[Image: remix21_thumb.jpg]

View all my themes
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011 09:33 AM by darkmurf.)
04-18-2011 09:21 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bdove67 Offline
Theme creator

RE: Remix 2.1
(04-18-2011 09:21 AM)darkmurf Wrote:  Remix 21
Supported Software Version: FSD_2.0_RC2.1
last updated: 04/17/2011
version 1

[Image: remix21_thumb.jpg]

View all my themes
Looks great! Can't wait to give it a try! Icon_smile
04-19-2011 02:21 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
darkmurf Offline

Here are some more detailsIcon_smile

Here is a Video Preview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwjE_JR5sus

I have reduced the contrast on this video so its a little clearer and the camera i have used is just a digital camera so doesn't do the skin any justice..

New Features & Changes
  • Customisable title text
  • Background music (Tutorial to come on how to change this)
  • Customisable track name
  • Meet the Team and About FSD added to Utilities scene
  • New Font
  • Changed the Orb

The biggest change here is the Background Music.. the track provided for this is 'Clubbed To Death' It is possible to change this but based on the skin set-up this file is a WMV (video file) so replacing it is not as simple as changing the file.. I will provide a Tut in the next couple of days on how to change this and if requested can create the music file for anyone that's doesn't want to create it themselves..

This track name can then be changed by editing the MenuSettings.xml file this is also the same location where you can change the Main scene title..

Here is a sample of the code.

</tab>
<tab id='0' parentid='3' text='Clubbed to Death by Rob Dougan'>
<bkgvisual>2</bkgvisual>
<bkgindex>8</bkgindex>
<iconvisual>2</iconvisual>
<iconindex>22</iconindex>
<reflectvisual>2</reflectvisual>
<reflectindex>0</reflectindex>
<animstate>1</animstate>
<gradientstate>1</gradientstate>
<iconstate>1</iconstate>
<mtextcolor>0xFFEBEBEB</mtextcolor>
<rtextcolor>0xFFFFFFFF</rtextcolor>
</tab>
<tab id='1' parentid='3' text='FreeStyle Dash'>
<bkgvisual>2</bkgvisual>
<bkgindex>8</bkgindex>
<iconvisual>2</iconvisual>
<iconindex>22</iconindex>
<reflectvisual>2</reflectvisual>
<reflectindex>0</reflectindex>
<animstate>1</animstate>
<gradientstate>1</gradientstate>
<iconstate>1</iconstate>
<mtextcolor>0xFFEBEBEB</mtextcolor>
<rtextcolor>0xFFFFFFFF</rtextcolor>

I have changed the status pop-ups on the Main scene to allow the weather and system status to be turned on independently..

Using the same feature of status Pop-ups i have added Meet the Team and About FSD to the Utilities scene..

The Orb has now been changed and is turned on by default you cannot turn this off as i have used the feature to do this to Enable/Disable the background music

Last but not least I have change the Font to 'JokerMan'

Here are some screen-shots

Main Scene (with custom title)

[Image: screenshot20110417162304164.png]

Utilities Scene

[Image: screenshot20110417172644377.png]

Customise Backdrop Scene (with enabled background music)

[Image: screenshot20110417172706765.png]

As before you can change the animations using the little app that GoodfellaKeyser kindly put together..

Remix Video Selector

Here is a pack of Backgrounds and Tabs i put together.

New Backgrounds & Tabs

Additionally here are the links to the old Backgrounds and Tabs

Backgrounds

Tabs
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011 11:39 PM by darkmurf.)
04-19-2011 11:37 PM
PiXeLbLuE230 Offline

Hi, Think your themes are great ....... Icon_smile
Are you going to to release some more like this one ??
06-05-2011 07:33 PM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
darkmurf Offline

(06-05-2011 07:33 PM)PiXeLbLuE230 Wrote:  Hi, Think your themes are great ....... Icon_smile
Are you going to to release some more like this one ??

Yes I will be but not till after the next FSD release.. look out for a Zombie based theme and an Aquarium Based theme done in this style Icon_wink

also have another couple of other projects in the works..

Thanks for the feedback too.. its what drives us Skinners to keep going Icon_wink
06-05-2011 08:18 PM
Exthero Offline
Lord of my imaginary land.

I really liked the old gamertag location much better as this makes the left side seem too cluttered.

~Enter something funny here~
07-02-2011 06:27 PM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dantax Offline

Hey Icon_cheesygrin i like your theme but can you show me how to change the song?Icon_cheesygrin i did try but it didnt go so well (no sound and the fsd did get super laggy)
08-26-2011 04:50 AM
andrewdoessuck Offline

hey i totally agree awesome theme, but i really don't agree with the font. so in all is there a way to change it all?
i have already done some xml editing but still missing some vital pieces of font. any help would be great thanks!
10-12-2011 07:18 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(10-12-2011 07:18 PM)andrewdoessuck Wrote:  hey i totally agree awesome theme, but i really don't agree with the font. so in all is there a way to change it all?
i have already done some xml editing but still missing some vital pieces of font. any help would be great thanks!

Changing the font should be as simple as finding where it is located in the theme, renaming your new font to the same name and overwrite the existing one. The font is referenced in the .xui files a bit so the font name must remain the same unless you want to do a bit of editing to change the names... not worth it IMO.

10-14-2011 12:16 AM
tahseensega Offline

thankyou
11-20-2012 06:04 PM