Shout Box

You are unable to view or post in the shoutbox until you have at least 5 posts.

How do I install a theme?
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

How do I install a theme?
Xbox Dashboard (NXE)
Custom NXE Themes go in the Content/0000000000000000/FFFE07D1/00030000 folder. This can either be on the xbox hard drive, usb stick, memory card or internal xbox memory. The easiest way to get a theme on your xbox is through a USB stick.

Transfer with USB
This works on virgin system so no hacks needed and no talking your hdd apart
  • Download USB Xtaf Xplorer v44
  • Format a usb stick on your xbox
  • Plug your usb stick into your pc
  • Open it with USB Xtaf Xplorer on your pc find the 00030000 folder (may need to expand the data folder first)
  • Inject your custom theme into the 00030000 folder
  • Put the usb back into you xbox and set the theme via profiles or move the theme to a different storage device

Note: If you do not have the folders FFFE07D1/00030000 on your device which you most likely wont if you just formatted it through the xbox then you can simply create them or after you format on the xbox, simply move an existing theme to your USB Device and it will create the folders.

To install any of the themes below, you will need a modified Xbox 360 (JTAG) that allows you to run a custom dashboard. If your Xbox is not modified to run a custom dashboard or you do not know what a JTAG is, then you can only install default dashboard themes by following the tutorial above.

Freestyle
FSD Skins / Themes come in two forms. A single file with the .xzp extention, or a .zip file.

The first step is to make sure that the skin you are going to install is compatible with the version of FSD that you are using. Skins are typically not interchangable between versions. I.E. A v1.20 skin will not work with v2.0 or will work but not have all the new functions in it.

The next step is to place the actual skin file(s) into the Skin directory where you have FSD installed. This could be several places and there are several methods to go about this, but we will assume if you have FSD installed, you know how to get files to your Xbox 360/HDD's. If you have a single file .xzp skin, simple place it into the Skins folder in your FSD directory. If your skin is a .zip file then you must extract the files to your computer first so you have a folder full of files. Once that is done, you install the same way, but make sure that you have a root folder for the skin such as FSD/Skins/ThemeName/, placing the files in ThemeName.

NOTE: Make sure you are copying your theme to the skin folder where FSD is installed in (I.E. FSD/Skins) and NOT the fsddata/skins folder. This folder is used by FSD for config files and data. If you download an updated skin version then you may also need to delete the skin information in the fsddata/skins folder so it refreshes the skin contents correctly.
04-28-2011 04:15 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

RE: How do I install a theme?
If you format a fresh flash drive on the xbox and then plug it in your computer, you may not have all the folders needed. You will need to build the folder level on your computer and then import the whole structure to your flash drive, or create the folders in the flash drive one by one.

You will need to create this structure on your computer "Content/0000000000000000/FFFE07D1/00030000" with the theme extracted to the 00030000 folder, then with USB Xtaf Gui open, you can simply drag the Content folder over to the Data Partition. Either drag it over to that folder or make sure you select that first in the software then you can drag the Content folder to the blank space in the right window.

You can also simply choose the Data Partition in the software then in the right window, right click anywhere and choose Inject Folder, Browse to your Content folder and click OK

Once completed, it should look like this

04-28-2011 04:26 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DavieSta Offline

Cheers bro , i knew this already but nice one for the share.

However ......

"QUOTE"-Deak Phreak

"If your Xbox is not modified to run a custom dashboard or you do not know what a JTAG is, then you can only install default dashboard themes by following the tutorial above."

These themes are what im interested in , can i edit these themes extract edit as in chance color and style of what ever i feel like say the bottom half of the dash normally black and whit and gets reverted to this if you change background image , the blades can the file be edited at all ?? how much of this type of theme can i actually edit ??

Cheers for any advice bro.

[Image: 23k7xvs.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 06:26 PM by DavieSta.)
04-28-2011 06:19 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

There is no sense in editing an existing theme. The best thing is to just grab 4 images you want to use, load up modio and put them into the program so it can make the theme for you. You then choose the stage color and it builds it for you. Those are the only things you are able to change for an NXE dashboard skin.

04-28-2011 07:08 PM
DavieSta Offline

OK i understand you clearly explained it , is it possible to change the bottom half of the dash , as i have done all you said only the bottom half just turns white , i can get it to look sweet as apart from the bottom half the gradient half , do you have any tips for me getting this to stay the color i intended it to be ??

cheers m8.

04-28-2011 09:58 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hmbowman07 Offline

I followed your instructions for installing the NXE dashboards, but can't get it to work, I cannot find the Content/0000000000000000/FFFE07D1/00030000 folder, it only shows me cache and data partitions and the xbox doesn't recognize that there is anything on the drive when I put it in those. am I missing something?
04-28-2011 10:23 PM
DavieSta Offline

(04-28-2011 10:23 PM)hmbowman07 Wrote:  I followed your instructions for installing the NXE dashboards, but can't get it to work, I cannot find the Content/0000000000000000/FFFE07D1/00030000 folder, it only shows me cache and data partitions and the xbox doesn't recognize that there is anything on the drive when I put it in those. am I missing something?

OK so you will have to click the "+" next to where it says "data partitions" then click the "+" next to "content" then the same with "0000000000000000/FFFE07D1/00030000" just click the "+" symbol.

Or just "double click" the name of the directory you want to open , so double click "data partitions" and so on ...

Now just drag it over to a blank space on the right hand side wait for it to say done in the bottom left of main window and your done , well you need to get it on your xbox now ......

just pop the usb in there navigate to system/memory and select the usb device look down the list of content for themes and select it then select your theme and move it to your xbox HDD.

Change theme you godda know how to do that ????

"EDIT"

can i just add that my FFFE07D1 directory is not in 0000000000000000 its in E00003FE48AE7CE3 let me show you ...

[Image: fehq39.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 11:38 PM by DavieSta.)
04-28-2011 11:18 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

DavieSta: E00003FE48AE7CE3 is your actual gamer profile and the 0000000000000000 is universal. You can try putting it in your profile location and see if the xbox finds it. If it doesnt then simply create the folder under 0000000000000000.

hmbowman07: If this is a newly configured USB device for the xbox, then it may not have those folders, but as DavieSta stated, you will need to expand the data folder first. If it doesnt then simply create them yourself. If the program doesnt let you create folders (cant remember if it lets you or not) then simply create those folders on your PC first then import them all.... if that makes sense.

04-29-2011 06:39 AM
DavieSta Offline

(04-29-2011 06:39 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote:  hmbowman07: If this is a newly configured USB device for the xbox, then it may not have those folders, but as DavieSta stated, you will need to expand the data folder first. If it doesnt then simply create them yourself. If the program doesnt let you create folders (cant remember if it lets you or not) then simply create those folders on your PC first then import them all.... if that makes sense.

Instead of creating the directory's pop usb in to your xbox and copy 1 gamers picture and 1 theme from your xbox HDD to your new configured usb device then pop usb back in PC/laptop open with xstaff and then it simplifies finding where things belong.

Hope this helps , Deak Phreak sorry if i have stepped on anyones toes mate.

04-29-2011 08:19 PM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(04-29-2011 08:19 PM)DavieSta Wrote:  Instead of creating the directory's pop usb in to your xbox and copy 1 gamers picture and 1 theme from your xbox HDD to your new configured usb device then pop usb back in PC/laptop open with xstaff and then it simplifies finding where things belong.

Hope this helps , Deak Phreak sorry if i have stepped on anyones toes mate.

No worries, that does work too Icon_smile

04-30-2011 05:45 AM