How do I make a theme?
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

How do I make a theme?
Xbox Dashboard (NXE)
To make an Xbox360 theme, it is pretty easy to do. First you will need to download Modio and have 4 background images ready to go. Next unzip Modio and run Modio.exe. This is an older version because the new version seems to have an issue when you are trying to change the icon so when it asks if you want to update to the latest, dont. It could be wise to grab THIS template so you can see how it will look before putting it together.

1. Click on the M icon in the top left, browse down to Other Tools and choose Theme Creator
    [Image: tut_01.jpg]
  2. For each of the image locations, click on Load Image and choose a background, set your theme options then click on save theme
    [Image: tut_02.jpg]
  3. Type in the filename you want to save it as and click Save
    [Image: tut_03.jpg]
  4. Once your theme is saved, drag it over to the modio software
    [Image: tut_04.jpg]
  5. Click on Inject Image and choose a new icon
    [Image: tut_05.jpg]
  6. Click Rehash and Resign to finish it off
    [Image: tut_06.jpg]
  7. At this point, you can now zip up the file, create a preview image and upload it to this site under the NXE Themes section. On the site menu, go to Admin / Add Theme. For the software dropdown, choose NXE Dashboard and leave the software supported version blank. Browse to your preview file, zip file, enter the theme name and check the adult box if needed. Click the Add button and the site will add it to the themes section and create a forum thread for your theme.

Freestyle
There is quite a lot to making a skin for Freestyle so I will not be going into detail of it here. You can get a jump start on it though by going HERE for the tutorial and HERE if you wish to grab a skinnable default zip which has been modified with a font so it shows up correctly in the xuitool.
05-01-2011 06:31 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mechanicatwork Offline

RE: How do I make a theme?
Do you know of any templates to help align the images you create or want to use so that the menu items on xbox don't cover them? I've seen the one for the main page but how about the other 3 (games, settings, and media I think are where the other images are) Basicly Just want templates to help align my images so that they are optimized for viewing on the xbox.

I really hate the word 'Noob'. I prefer 'Experience challenged'.
09-16-2011 02:47 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(09-16-2011 02:47 AM)mechanicatwork Wrote:  Do you know of any templates to help align the images you create or want to use so that the menu items on xbox don't cover them? I've seen the one for the main page but how about the other 3 (games, settings, and media I think are where the other images are) Basicly Just want templates to help align my images so that they are optimized for viewing on the xbox.

No, sorry. I usually put the images together then load it up on my xbox and see how it looks, then look at where the menus hit on the images and adjust them as needed.

09-16-2011 04:10 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mechanicatwork Offline

(09-16-2011 04:10 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote:  
(09-16-2011 02:47 AM)mechanicatwork Wrote:  Do you know of any templates to help align the images you create or want to use so that the menu items on xbox don't cover them? I've seen the one for the main page but how about the other 3 (games, settings, and media I think are where the other images are) Basicly Just want templates to help align my images so that they are optimized for viewing on the xbox.

No, sorry. I usually put the images together then load it up on my xbox and see how it looks, then look at where the menus hit on the images and adjust them as needed.

If I came up with some templates, could I post them up here and if so where? Just seems like a bit of work to keep transfering back and forth. I'm all for least work as possible

I really hate the word 'Noob'. I prefer 'Experience challenged'.
09-16-2011 06:45 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(09-16-2011 06:45 AM)mechanicatwork Wrote:  If I came up with some templates, could I post them up here and if so where? Just seems like a bit of work to keep transfering back and forth. I'm all for least work as possible

That would be fantastic! Just post them as a new thread and I will add a link to an important thread so people can find it easily.

09-16-2011 07:09 AM
clipse_101 Offline

(05-01-2011 06:31 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote:  
Xbox Dashboard (NXE)
To make an Xbox360 theme, it is pretty easy to do. First you will need to download Modio and have 4 background images ready to go. Next unzip Modio and run Modio.exe. This is an older version because the new version seems to have an issue when you are trying to change the icon so when it asks if you want to update to the latest, dont. It could be wise to grab THIS template so you can see how it will look before putting it together.

1. Click on the M icon in the top left, browse down to Other Tools and choose Theme Creator
  2. For each of the image locations, click on Load Image and choose a background, set your theme options then click on save theme
  7. At this point, you can now zip up the file, create a preview image and upload it to this site under the NXE Themes section. On the site menu, go to Admin / Add Theme. For the software dropdown, choose NXE Dashboard and leave the software supported version blank. Browse to your preview file, zip file, enter the theme name and check the adult box if needed. Click the Add button and the site will add it to the themes section and create a forum thread for your theme.

Freestyle
There is quite a lot to making a skin for Freestyle so I will not be going into detail of it here. You can get a jump start on it though by going HERE for the tutorial and HERE if you wish to grab a skinnable default zip which has been modified with a font so it shows up correctly in the xuitool.

Would this be the program I would use to make a theme with the latest dash in place? I'm pretty new to this custom theme business and would like to start making some for fun and to have a nice looking Xbox Icon_smile
04-18-2012 07:24 AM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(04-18-2012 07:24 AM)clipse_101 Wrote:  Would this be the program I would use to make a theme with the latest dash in place? I'm pretty new to this custom theme business and would like to start making some for fun and to have a nice looking Xbox Icon_smile

Yes, but keep in mind that all you can change on the default dashboard is the background images. There is also a video tutorial under the tutorials section.

04-19-2012 09:40 AM
dokdok Offline

thank you
10-26-2012 03:43 AM
wesleytakano Offline

Thanks!
01-16-2013 04:07 AM
sookieherveaux Offline

(05-01-2011 06:31 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote:  
Xbox Dashboard (NXE)

Freestyle

thanks this was a tremendous help i cant wait to make more themes i already uploaded my first one ty ty ty ty
04-02-2013 01:35 AM