MetroStyle v3990
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

RE: MetroStyle v3610 Multi5 Custom
(02-01-2012 12:20 AM)Chinaski Wrote:  I got error messages that came up after pressing Start and after I had selected a custom picture for the background and chosen a custom colour for the tabs. And then nothing happens.

Thanks for your feedback. I wasnt able to recreate your problem. But you must restart the app after creating a xzp, if you want to do another xzp. Or select the original xzp file again.

The code for background selection is here
'Custom background

It does a conversion/resizing:
objShell.Run "i_view32.exe " & Chr(34) & myFile & Chr(34) & " /resize=(1280,720) /resample /convert=" & Chr(34) & currentPath & "custom_bg.png" & Chr(34),0,True

You should see a custom_bg.png in your appdir. Then the conversion was successful. Otherwise it may have a problem with that file.

About the enhancements. I would have to know where that information is stored and if the items can be hidden. Otherwise a solution like gamelist/start tab. 2 xur files for the same scene.
(02-01-2012 12:20 AM)Chinaski Wrote:  @GoodFellaKeyser:

FYI, I have problems with your customiser. I got error messages that came up after pressing Start and after I had selected a custom picture for the background and chosen a custom colour for the tabs. And then nothing happens.

It seems to work fine with cutom pictures for both background and tabs though and I could create a couple of .xzp.

EDIT: 2 nice-to-haves if you feel like doing some extra work Icon_smile
- would it be possible to have an option to remove the "wave" effect that is visible on the background? (it is not related to the original background since it's visible when you select a custom picture too)
- would it be possible to have an option to remove the FSD logo on the right bottom corner?

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 02:42 AM by GoodfellaKeyser.)
02-01-2012 02:41 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
idefix23 Offline

Hey guys!!!

So heres a new version from me!

So far this should be seen as a preview for what is coming!
There are still bugs in it, especially the Custom-Skin scenes are need to be worked over (Buttons are visible where they shouldn't, lb & rb is doing strange stuff...Icon_wink). If anybody knows a fix for these things...PLEASE TELL ME!!

Take a look on it, and report your feelings about it Icon_smile

What changed/i added since last version:

- Tabs are now fully customizable IN Fsd, so no need for the customizer...since its a nice app! Much credit to it!
- Added new animations/videos for the big Scene-Tabs
- Partially translated to english

For the next version i will open up a new thread because i think this "mod" went way beyond i thought it would Icon_smile

D0WNL0AD V1.4

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 08:17 AM by idefix23.)
02-02-2012 05:35 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ERMaCDR Offline

(02-02-2012 05:35 AM)idefix23 Wrote:  Hey guys!!!

So heres a new version from me!

So far this should be seen as a preview for what is coming!
There are still bugs in it, especially the Custom-Skin scenes are need to be worked over (Buttons are visible where they shouldn't, lb & rb is doing strange stuff...Icon_wink). If anybody knows a fix for these things...PLEASE TELL ME!!

Take a look on it, and report your feelings about it Icon_smile

What changed/i added since last version:

- Tabs are now fully customizable IN Fsd, so no need for the customizer...since its a nice app! Much credit to it!
- Added new animations/videos for the big Scene-Tabs
- Partially translated to english

For the next version i will open up a new thread because i think this "mod" went way beyond i thought it would Icon_smile

D0WNL0AD V1.4

:eek:Wow dude, the skin is becoming better every day you post a new version. This will become my favorite skin from now. I like the new animations-videos in the big scene tabs.Very nice,something new I like is the way isnt longer need to use the customizer app because it can be customized from the Xbox Icon_cheesygrin. Waiting for the new fixes of the current bugs because there are still some ones.Icon_wink
02-02-2012 01:11 PM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chinaski Offline

(02-01-2012 02:41 AM)GoodfellaKeyser Wrote:  Thanks for your feedback. I wasnt able to recreate your problem. But you must restart the app after creating a xzp, if you want to do another xzp. Or select the original xzp file again.

That's strange that I'm the only one with this problem...
Again, the problem is I can't get to create an XZP when using a custom COLOUR. Custom background works fine.

EDIT : I'm confused... the problem is with 'custom colours' for the tabs (it's working with custom pictures...)
I restarted the app after each xzp I created.

Here is the error message I got today after reproducing the problem: each time I select a custom colour I got one of this message (whether I select a custom background or use the default one does not make a difference)
It says: An error occurred in the script of this page.
Error : Permission denied.
It asks if scripts should continue running (Yes) or be stopped (No). Whether I press Yes or No does not make a difference: nothing happens then...

Hope this helps.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 06:31 AM by Chinaski.)
02-03-2012 03:49 AM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

If you look at your build_skin.hta file in C:\Program Files\Metrostyle Customizer

you'll find Line 1998:
Set objFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile(currentPath & "custom.pal")

The function is called CustomColorPal.
This function creates a file called custom.pal which contains the palette with the selected color, used to create patter_custom.png.

Custom background color uses the same function. It is unexplainable to me that it works with background and not with tabs.

It says permission denied. So, for an unknown reason custom.pal cannot be modified or created. I can do an internet search to verify what it could mean, but I'm not a programmer. Maybe you need to run the application as administrator.
02-03-2012 09:08 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
idefix23 Offline

Hey guys,

Just finished a new version....

- Menu is now completely translated to english
- Fixed some bugs
- SystemInfo-Scene added (bug inside, no fix found yet...)

Please report any other bugs, so i can work on it...!

Download v1.5

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-04-2012 07:18 PM
freakazoid Offline

MetroStyle v3980 eng
New Version MetroStyle v3980 eng

* for now only english version available
* Settings 2nd MetroStyle level added (thx idefix)
* Tabs are now Customizable through skin (thx HackLinK and idefix)

thx to idefix for his version and HacKLinK to NXHL
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 06:39 PM by freakazoid.)
02-04-2012 09:37 PM
bmxhooligan Offline

RE: MetroStyle v3980 eng
thanks again for everyone updating their themes!

really liking both the idefix and freakazoid versions, i like the visualizations of the idefix one, but will be staying with freakazoids version because of the right thumbstick click info.

if freakazoid had the visualizations of the idefix version, ie the spickles that fly around the screen etc, that'd be awesome, but i rely on the right thumbstick menu daily so i cant use this (idefix's) theme Icon_sad

i also noticed alot of sounds were gone? i'm sure it will all be fixed and put into one or two updated polished versions but theres still bugs so i'll stick with the normal metrostyle theme

thanks to all the contributors, very nice work
02-05-2012 12:28 PM
eiz Offline

First, the skin is just awesome and I use it since the beginning. Really great work, of all of you.

I have to agree with bmxhooligan, that I would love to see the idefix animations in the original skin. Maybe it could even be integrated in the Costumizer in some way?
Also it would be nice, if the costumizer could handle the idefix version too. Because I don't like the Segoe font very much and want the Games tab as start.

@ idefix23: I don't know if these are the bugs you mentioned in your previous post, but I found some I want to share:

> System Info:
- sometimes I'm stuck at the System Info-Center and can't get back to the other tabs. Not reproducable.
- Most of the info is just not working (Temperature, IP not shown, Storage)

> FSD crashes when opening the tray

> "Open tray" overlays Play <previously played game>

And a suggestion: I think it would be more comfortable to show the "Play <previously played game>" on all tabs, and not just the home one

@ freakazoid/GoodfellaKeyser: When building a skin with the most recent Customizer, only the chosen background is included (IMHO better due to smaller xzp). But when you then customize the skin within FSD, the other backgrounds are choosable, but off course not present in the xzp and some crazy inverted(?) background is set Icon_razz
02-05-2012 08:45 PM
GoodfellaKeyser Offline

(02-05-2012 08:45 PM)eiz Wrote:  @ freakazoid/GoodfellaKeyser: When building a skin with the most recent Customizer, only the chosen background is included (IMHO better due to smaller xzp). But when you then customize the skin within FSD, the other backgrounds are choosable, but off course not present in the xzp and some crazy inverted(?) background is set Icon_razz

These new versions are not compatible with Customizer v2 :-(
02-07-2012 05:14 AM