freakazoid Offline

Xbox360 preNXE v4572
preNXE v4572
Supported Software Version: 3.0.775
last updated: 04/29/2014
version 2

[Image: prenxev4572_thumb.jpg]

View this Xbox theme | View all my themes

Unzip and copy prenxe4572.xzp, prenxe4572carbon.xzp and prenxe4572glass.xzp to FSD Skin directory. Reboot FSD, make your
choice, reboot again, have fun !

THX/Credits

GoodfellaKeyser for font/xma converting and FSA/XUITT
XbOx360Ba for 'how to' animation and hud
HellDoc's for XeXtractor
AKQA for references/info/files.
Team BlackBolt for some of the sounds and graphics.
Team FSD for the awesome dash.
To Kioskdisk leak

Enjoy!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 10:54 PM by freakazoid.)
10-18-2012 04:20 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jonblu Offline

Shocked RE: Xbox360 preNXE v4554
thanks!!!
10-18-2012 04:58 AM
Send this user a private message Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tricky Offline

RE: Xbox360 preNXE v4554
Sweet, update for my favourite skin =) Thanks for the good work!

Are you planning to improve support for 3.0?
10-18-2012 08:57 AM
freakazoid Offline

(10-18-2012 08:57 AM)Tricky Wrote:  Are you planning to improve support for 3.0?

not for now, I'm busy at moment, maybe one of our forum member could help !

PS: I think the prob with FSD3 is somewhere in main.xur!
10-18-2012 03:43 PM
tmas3 Offline

Smile RE: Xbox360 preNXE v4554
OMG! thanks for the update. This is pretty much the first time I checked the thread since I last posted and what luck you just posted the update.

Still rocking 2.2 cause fsd3 has a few nagging bugs that need to be fixed before I make the switch. Did you implement any of my suggestions or fix any of the bugs I pointed out?

[Image: xow9b.jpg]

1. remove system link patched text. dont need that front and center reminding me my system link is patched lol. removing it would be best.

2. this isnt a big deal but if you could get the disc tray to display the proper messages that would be amazing (seen other themes do this. so should be possible). right now its just a generic "play game" message no matter what state the drive is actually in.

3. gamercard could use a little cleanup. maybe make the gamerzone customizable.

4. remove "games" from the end. kinda redundant since we are already on the "games" blade. would prefer "Xbox 360" "Xbox Live Arcade" "Xbox" and maybe change emulators or homebrew to "Kinect" like some other themes have.

[Image: 80NAs.jpg]

1. The thing that bothers me most! (yes Im weird lol). The first item always looks selected! This makes it look like 2 things are selected. Either make the embedded effect work (like the ms blades dash did) or edit the background so the first bracket appears like the rest.

2. The boxart reflection animation effect is too small. Does not fit the entire cover and ruins the illusion. either make this align properly or remove it.

3. swapping the boxart and screenshot around would look better (in my opinion). boxart on left and screenshot on right would look more natural. not a big deal.

4. flip the rating and genre around and it would look much much better. Much better use of space.

5. (not pictured) If possible increase the description text size and make it have a auto scroll effect. this would be badass! right now the text is just barely legible at its current size.

[Image: pa81m.jpg]

- title update status is broke. no icon shown (enabled or disabled) and also does not display which version the update is (noticed other themes display this).

[Image: Li8fR.jpg]

1. this probably isnt possible. make the video/pictues/music link to the NXE media sections? these shortcuts exist on the mini nxe guide so might be possible to incorporate into the skin?

Hope you one day read this and make a future update to your fantastic preNXE skin! Will be waiting for updates Icon_smile

-Thanks
10-18-2012 10:13 PM
tmas3 Offline

bummer, all you did was make an annoying splash and add built in music that I dont want (not worth bloating the skin size another 50MB). Didnt do any of the things I pointed out Icon_sad

Guess I'll have to continue using my tweaked default skin. If only I had better skinning skills. With my vision and someones skinning skills we could make a perfect skin. Maybe I should let my dream of a perfect FSD blades skin go?
10-19-2012 01:47 AM
Deak Phreak Offline
Super Spiffy Admin

(10-19-2012 01:47 AM)tmas3 Wrote:  bummer, all you did was make an annoying splash and add built in music that I dont want (not worth bloating the skin size another 50MB). Didnt do any of the things I pointed out Icon_sad

Guess I'll have to continue using my tweaked default skin. If only I had better skinning skills. With my vision and someones skinning skills we could make a perfect skin. Maybe I should let my dream of a perfect FSD blades skin go?

updating a theme to work on a new FSD version is a lot of work. If you really like this theme, the best thing is to simply use an older version of FSD unless there is a new feature that you absolutely must have more then the skin.

10-19-2012 01:57 AM
Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tmas3 Offline

(10-19-2012 01:57 AM)Deak Phreak Wrote:  
(10-19-2012 01:47 AM)tmas3 Wrote:  bummer, all you did was make an annoying splash and add built in music that I dont want (not worth bloating the skin size another 50MB). Didnt do any of the things I pointed out Icon_sad

updating a theme to work on a new FSD version is a lot of work. If you really like this theme, the best thing is to simply use an older version of FSD unless there is a new feature that you absolutely must have more then the skin.

I'm still happily on fsd 2.2 (tried fsd3 and its still a little undercooked for my liking). Anyway, he said this update is for 2.2 with it also working on fsd3 as an added bonus. So I hoping for at least some improvements besides getting it running on FSD3. Unfortunately this update is a step back and the skin is now worse than ever. I appreciate that he updated it but was just a major letdown is all. If he thinks bloating the skin with crap music is more important than fixing bugs then more power to him. I on the other hand would make fixing the title updates problem top priority (no icon if on or off and version not displayed). Among other issues with the skin. Not forcing a popup with my name on it everytime the skin loads or re-inviting the wheel with uneeded music and video players.
10-19-2012 02:20 AM
freakazoid Offline

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  1. remove system link patched text. dont need that front and center reminding me my system link is patched lol. removing it would be best.

-> no need to remove

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  2. this isnt a big deal but if you could get the disc tray to display the proper messages that would be amazing (seen other themes do this. so should be possible). right now its just a generic "play game" message no matter what state the drive is actually in.
-> fixed

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  3. gamercard could use a little cleanup. maybe make the gamerzone customizable.
-> costomization not possible, if have some ideas, let me know!

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  4. remove "games" from the end. kinda redundant since we are already on the "games" blade. would prefer "Xbox 360" "Xbox Live Arcade" "Xbox" and maybe change emulators or homebrew to "Kinect" like some other themes have.
-> games removed, kinect is not a skinbasic

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  1. The thing that bothers me most! (yes Im weird lol). The first item always looks selected! This makes it look like 2 things are selected. Either make the embedded effect work (like the ms blades dash did) or edit the background so the first bracket appears like the rest.
-> I've an idea, now for long time how to do the animations to look really like the original, but never have the time.

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  2. The boxart reflection animation effect is too small. Does not fit the entire cover and ruins the illusion. either make this align properly or remove it.
-> I will fix this in future update

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  3. swapping the boxart and screenshot around would look better (in my opinion). boxart on left and screenshot on right would look more natural. not a big deal.
-> it's a bigger thing, it has something to do with the thing your are weird of ...

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  4. flip the rating and genre around and it would look much much better. Much better use of space.
-> I will see of a new rearrange

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  5. (not pictured) If possible increase the description text size and make it have a auto scroll effect. this would be badass! right now the text is just barely legible at its current size.
-> bigger text possible, scroll effect not!

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  - title update status is broke. no icon shown (enabled or disabled) and also does not display which version the update is (noticed other themes display this).
-> I will try to fix this in future update

(10-18-2012 10:13 PM)tmas3 Wrote:  1. this probably isnt possible. make the video/pictues/music link to the NXE media sections? these shortcuts exist on the mini nxe guide so might be possible to incorporate into the skin?
-> it's not possible, only things which are possible for now is the MusicScene, and the WMV Player!
10-19-2012 06:33 AM
tmas3 Offline

Sorry if I come off as assy. Its just because I care so much about this project and want it to reach its full potential so I can enjoy it for years to come.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2012 02:31 PM by tmas3.)
10-19-2012 02:24 PM